Regional Sales Manager - EMEA - Acrylics & Composites - Benelux Home based
All, Business Manager / Sales Manager
Attractive salary and benefits package
Our client is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of acrylic-based products with manufacturing, sales and distribution capabilities across EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific, they are the energy and driving force behind some of the world’s best known branded acrylic products, which make a significant contribution to a wide range of growing sectors and geographic markets.
They are now looking to develop the market across EMEA and have a great opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager to be responsible for managing and growing the sales in specified territories.
Summary of Role
To drive all sales, achievement of targets and budgets in specified territories within Europe, Middle East and Africa for the Sheet and Composites business. To work closely with the Sales and Commercial Manager to develop and implement sales strategy.
- Manage the territory and account plans to achieve volume, revenue, gross margin and budgets and drive future growth, whilst staying within cash and credit limits.
- Ability to develop a market from scratch and acquire new customers in targeted areas choosing the appropriate routes through key distributors and agents.
- Negotiate price deals, monitor account profitability and target improvement.
- Act as prime commercial contact with targeted customers and manage the relationship to ensure a mutually profitably partnership. Ensure that quality and service levels are developed and maintained in order to sustain competitive advantage and grow market share.
- Establish new contacts and communicate regularly with customers and industry experts regarding market intelligence and trends and the results of market activities and use this proactively to develop business and grow knowledge.
- Review complaint issues with the customer, work with the business functions on the nature of the complaints and be responsible for its commercial resolution.
- To identify and guide new product and new technology development projects/opportunities in order to grow profit margins.
- To analyse and disseminate competitor information in order to develop a full understanding of the market place in which the company operating and to identify potential new market places.
- Work closely with the Sales Support Team in the provision of monthly forecasts for input into the S&OP process and be accountable for the accuracy of forecasts.
- Liaise and maintain regular communication with Marketing, R&D, Technical and Finance departments making best use of their resources and knowledge to support and maintain our market presence.
- Represent the business at relevant exhibitions and industry associations.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in route to market with a track record for prospecting and developing new accounts with a strong customer focus whilst being aligned with the company’s strategic goals.
- Ability to deal at an International level and deliver sales across Europe with good understanding and experience of different cultural environments.
- Experience and good understanding of Commercial and Sales principles and activities.
- Highly professional with exceptional customer service skills.
- Dynamic and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Autonomous, well disciplined, and a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach focused on driving, developing and implementing innovative ideas in their territory.
- Good organisation, planning and presentation skills.
- Good numerical ability in order to prepare quotes, analyse margins, forecasts and prepare other sales data.
- Understanding of the Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Fluency in English is essential
- A 2nd European language is desirable, but not essential
- Willingness to travel to Europe, Africa and the Middle East
- Background in Plastics manufacturing/distribution industry an advantage.
- Hold a Degree or higher education qualification.
- Sales and Account Management Experience.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar MRP systems.
In return our client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based Industries.
Last Modified Date: