Commercial Manager - Speciality Chemicals - UK
All, Commercial, Business Manager / Sales Manager, Technical Sales / Account Manager
Dr Laura Merritt
Attractive Salary and Benefits
Our Client is a leading speciality chemical distributor, who are exclusive UK representatives of major manufacturers of chemicals for a range of industries including Inks, Coatings, Resins, Paints, Epoxies and Polyurethanes. They currently have a vacancy for a Commercial Manager within their Industrial Division who will report to the Industrial General Manager. The role will be based at their Head Office. Commercial shrewdness and business acumen are key for this role. We are looking for a personable, successful self-starter with superior organisational skills.
- Maintain and increase profitability of the industrial business
- Negotiate pricing with Principals & Suppliers
- Ensure pricelists from Principals & Suppliers are maintained and current
- Provide pricing on products ranging from speciality to semi-commodity chemicals to the sales team
- Identify and prepare action plans for below target margin business with Regional Sales Managers,
- Liaise with Regional Sales Managers on account business plans.
- Resolve commercial issues quickly & favourably
- Draw up and deliver commercial contracts
- Take responsibility for the financial oversight of all aspects of Industrial sales
- Provide commercial expertise to other group companies
- A Chemistry or Materials Science (or similar) degree
- Commercial experience within the chemical industry
- Previous experience in a sales environment
- Previous technical experience within the Chemical Industry – preferably in coatings, adhesives, elastomers, inks or polymers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert negotiating skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to work both independently and within a team
- Be a self-starter who uses initiative and wants to take responsibility for their own success
- Be highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Salary & Benefits
In return our client is offering a very competitive salary and package, including a group profit share scheme and a contributory company pension scheme.
Last Modified Date: