Development Process Chemist - Personal Care - Cheshire
North West / North Wales
All, Operations, Process, Technical, Chemist / Scientist
Our client is a global leader in speciality chemicals, and is the name behind some of the world’s biggest brands providing practical, environmentally minded solutions to the problems of everyday life. Their aim is to improve a diverse range of markets - from lubricants to personal care, health care, home care and plastics.
They currently have an opportunity for a Development Process Chemist to develop new and existing processes for production by evaluating and approving alternative raw materials for use in their Personal Care products. The majority of the products the Development Process Chemist would be working on are proteins made from naturally derived raw materials.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To optimise site manufacturing processes from laboratory to full scale production, in support of the site's requirements.
- To plan and organise the dual sourcing of key raw materials, working with the Purchasing Manager.
- Design and perform laboratory trials to tests alternative raw materials and organise subsequent plant trials in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
- To provide technical support to the production department as required during plant trials for alternative raw materials, e.g. resolving manufacturing problems, process changes etc.
- To ensure process documentation is maintained to the appropriate standard as required by the site.
- To ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the site SHE policy and specific laboratory requirements.
- To formally record work performed in accordance with site QA systems and issue to the rest of the business.
- To maintain verbal communications with most departments on site. Also written communication, mainly in the form of technical reports.
- To be accountable for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Degree in an appropriate science subject.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based Industries.
Last Modified Date: