Product Steward - Chemicals & Minerals – Southern UK
All, Operations, Technical, Regulatory
Dr Laura Merritt
Attractive Salary and Comprehensive Benefits
Our client is looking for a capable and determined Product Steward with a background in regulatory compliance in the chemical industry. The role will offer intellectual challenge in a unique environment where results make a difference to people all over the world. Based at the UK R & D Centre, you will be surrounded by like-minded, skilled and capable individuals, all focused on developing innovative products for our customers around the world. The key task will be assessing and ensuring regulatory compliance of new products, and act as advocate within the company to establish new systems to ensure product safety.
Key elements of this role include:
- Advising and briefing project teams and management on regulatory compliance
- Ownership of internal mechanisms to ensure product safety is scrutinised within the product development process
- Formalised risk assessments
- Administration, management and collation of RoHS, substances of concern and conflict minerals
- Generation of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Responding to customer requests for information regarding, for example, substances of very high concern, RoHS and conflict minerals, as required
- Collating and reporting department performance metrics
To be successful you ideally have:
- Experience in managing Product Safety issues
- Experience of the regulatory framework for chemicals and materials within Europe and the US
- Degree in a scientific discipline, e.g. Chemistry, Physics or Material Science
- Those amongst you with experience in halogen-free, phthalates, heavy metals, animal-free, environmental issues/sustainability, child labour or vegetarian certification will truly stand out.
- You understand the challenges in manufacturing and the importance of developing products that truly make a difference.
- You can demonstrate capability to work closely with manufacturing partners and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You must be be self-starting, curious for what is possible, and with a great eye for detail.
- Have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake international travel
In return our client is offering a challenging, exciting and distinctive working environment operating in a product set and global market that is rather unique. Competitive salary and benefits and opportunity for personal and professional development.
Last Modified Date: