Production Manager – Thermoplastic / Masterbatch – North West
North West / North Wales
, Production / Manufacturing, Engineering, Process
Competitive salary and opportunity for progression into a more senior role
Our client is a UK leading manufacturer of thermoplastic masterbatch who is currently seeking a Production Manager with proven experience of production and works management in the rubber or thermoplastic masterbatch and compounding industry. Significant strengths in man management, control of quality, products and costs as well experience of optimization of production output, minimisation and control of waste, H&S and ISO would place the candidate at an advantage.
- Overall responsibility for manufacturing/maintenance/warehousing/material movement, including the improvement of plant efficiencies, product quality and trouble shooting.
- Responsible for the running of 16 production lines including internal mixers and twin screw extruders
- Individuals must have the ability to have 100% awareness of all plant functions and activities, at all times.
- They must be capable of constant monitoring and taking immediate corrective action.
- Reports must be accurate, concise and must identify clearly any problems and solutions taken or required regarding production, plant and manpower etc.
- Great communication skills that encompass both the manufacturing workforce and the directors.
- Required to manage the team by issuing logical, consistent instructions and who is able to delegate effectively.
- Ability to work with a small senior management team
- Ability to make quick decisions, carry these out effectively and report in a crisp and accurately
- Experience of manufacturing masterbatch and management of operations is essential.
- Proven record of man management over a number of years, particularly in a small to medium sized companies, and working in a small management team.
- A strong engineering background is essential.
- It would be preferred that candidates have experience of the compounding and/or masterbatch industry or a similar allied industry like rubber compounding. However this is not essential as long as candidates come from a similar process industry which handles several thousand tons per year of powder raw materials such as chemicals or pigments.
- Candidates must be capable of developing their management role in conjunction with the growth of the company.
- Academic qualifications in a science or engineering subject preferred.
- In addition suitable candidates must be a hands on individual, a problem solver with a good understanding of engineering requirements.
- Ability to develop into a senior management role
In return our client is offering a competitive salary and opportunity for progression into a more senior role.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Resins, Pigments, Coatings, Polymers, Pharmaceutical and Science based Industries