Senior Chemist - Coatings - Derbyshire
Process, Technical, Chemist / Scientist, Technical Manager
£30,000 to £45,000
Our client manufacturers and supplies high performance products and high temperature coatings for the Oil & Gas, Food, Hygiene and Pharmaceutical Industries.
They wish to appoint a Senior Chemist to work on new and existing formulations.
- Develop and test new technologies both industrial and protective coatings.
- Formulate, test and evaluate recipes and raw materials.
- Analyse, report and present the results from development work.
- Search for and make use of relevant knowledge, e.g. formulation of recipes and test standards.
- Maintenance of existing products.
- Work effectively with various internal labs and functions and external testing institutes.
- Keep updated on new technology keeping contact with raw material suppliers and internal sources.
- Provide technical support for customers.
- Contribute to in house test method development.
- Higher education in chemistry, or similar
- Experience of working within the Industrial Coatings Industry.
- Experience with product development, testing and raw material evaluation.
- Able to act on own initiative and take responsibility to achieve results.
- A can-do attitude with an analytical mindset.
- People and task oriented.
- Able to suggest fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions, think outside of the box.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute and report.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based Industries.